13 May 2014

Take a moment

I'm trying to get a bit more adventurous in my scrapbooking, so for the past week I've been playing around with backgrounds.  Still keeping it simple, but adding more techniques to a page than I usually do.

I was inspired by the texture challenge at Rhedd & Rosie's, so for this one I created a textured background with a paper napkin and Mod Podge, then painted all over, and then misted.  I'm still not confident enough to combine too many colours in one background, so I stuck to two colours - one background acrylic, and one mist.

I didn't have a particular layout in mind when I started out, but when I saw the sketch at Swirlydoos, I knew exactly which photographs I would use, and I knew the layout would also be perfect for the Simple Pleasures challenge at Berry 71 Bleu:



Materials:
Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety - Strawberry Fields patterned paper
Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety - Tossed Salad patterned paper
Carolee's Creations AdornIt - Rugged alphabet stickers
Derivan Flesh Base acrylic paint
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Golden Terracotta
Coredinations cardstock
Fiskars Flowers border punch
Prima Iron Orchid Designs - Build-a-Frame Collection 1 stamps
Kaisercraft Pearl Strips - black

11 comments :

  1. Great layout, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely page!! Love the butterfly swirl. Thanks for sharing with us at berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Your layout is so beautiful! I love how you used the butterflies! I also want to let you know that I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Feel free to accept or not. I really like your creative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout, lovely texture and details! Thanks so much for joining us at Berry71bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is stunning...loving the texture...so effective and so beautifully decorated too.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful! Love this page! Thank you for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fab layout! Love the papers! Thank you for playing along at Rhedd and Rosie’s. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous page and the background is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So super...love that textured background and the stamping! Beautiful page! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great text, wonderful photos and lovely layout. Thank you so much for joining May challenge at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)