17 April 2014

Minty fresh...

I just love this month's colour at White with 1:



I started with the patterned paper - the closest colour I had to 'mint' - I gesso'd in white over the top to take out the olive tones and got it pretty close, I think.  After that I did a little background stamping with white paint, and kept the rest simple to let the photograph speak for itself:



I can never seem to get greens to photograph true to life, but hopefully this is close enough!


Materials:
Black Market Paper Society Letters from Paradise - Desert Palm Shores patterned paper
Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden - Flower Blooms patterned paper
Green Tara 1cm roses - mint
Green Tara 7cm petals - white
Green Tara 4cm petals - white
Kaisercraft Rhinestones - Mint Green
Chromacryl paint - white
Prima Alphablends letter stickers
Paper doily 
Vintage lace from my habby stash

5 comments :

  1. Karen this is stunning. So original and unique. Love it! I really hope you'll join us at WW1 again next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glorious work Karen, i love the flow to this piece.thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page and beautiful photo! Thanks for playing along with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen!!
    Gorgeous work.
    LOVE that photo.. totally awesome and you've scrapped it beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us at WW1.. would love to see what you come up with for next months colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photo. Love your subtle embellishments. Thank you for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)