31 March 2014

Sketches and minutiae

I'm always inspired by sketches;  I love seeing where the starting point leads me.

The first layout is based on the March sketch challenge at C'est Magnifique.  I kept it really simple to keep the focus on the photographs.  I've been taking more and more 'every day' photos at home and I want to document some of the little moments:

 

And a little close-up of the butterfly which I fussy-cut from a scrap of Prima patterned paper:



I hope this is suitable for Scrap Our Stash Birthday Challenge #10, for the balloons / flying theme.

~~ __ ~~~ __ ~~ __ ~~ __ ~~

The second layout is another minutiae from our summer holiday.  I created this one based on the sketch at Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia:



I'm not all that happy with it and almost didn't share it.  It seems a little "boxy" or something?  I had a picture in my mind how it would turn out, then I lost focus partway through and couldn't get it to flow like I imagined.   Anyway, it is what it is...   I did enjoy the hand stitching!

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful layout and take on the challenge! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)