24 March 2014

Scraps, scraps, scraps

I **love** using up my scraps.  I always have - it gives me a sense of satisfaction to clear my desk of the leftovers from a previous layout.  Quite often, my scraps are my starting point - and I build from there. I've never had a problem with mixing brands and collections.

For many years, I have sorted my scraps by colour.  I have folders and ziplock bags of almost every colour under the sun!  Perfect for making handmade flowers, cutting or punching shapes, or just when I need an extra piece of patterned paper to tuck in somewhere on a layout.

This is my last week as a guest designer at Lasting Memories.  I have had fun creating and sharing my layouts!This week at Lasting Memories the theme is Scraps, scraps, scraps - this is what I created:



Pretty much everything on the layout is scraps - both paper and fabric.

My colour scheme was inspired by the Inkido mood board challenge:


I'm not sure what the yellow gemstone is in the background, but I am a huge fan of citrine and topaz. I wanted to create a layout in those colours because this combo doesn't seem to be commonly seen.

I'm also submitting at Off the Rails Scrapbooking this week for the Free for All challenge - I did go off the rails with lots of tiny scraps and lots of yellow tones :)

13 comments :

  1. I'm loving your use of scraps! The layout is very cool:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. INSPIRING! Make me want to get my scraps out...& good on you, organising them like that, too....this is fantabulous! LOOOVE those flowers, the bg...the whole thing is gorg...thanks so much for sharing with us at Off The Rails:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant use of your scraps! So cool. Thanks for joining us at Off the Rails xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very gd idea to use scraps. I should do that too. thks for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you store your scraps by colour. Mine are all mixed up and its a pain to find what I want. I will be changing that soon !! I love your layout too. The colours are nice and the background is cool. Thanks for joining us over at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does give you a sense of satisfaction! And to make such a beautiful LO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, I dont even know where to bring to express how much I LOVE this layout. Its amazing that all of this was from scraps. I wish I could have seen you put this together ;)
    I am so happy you joined us at lasting memories as a designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am far less organized han you. I'll be lucky to find my scraps at all LOL!
    Thanks for sharing your page with us at Inkido. I think all those tones together look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS Karen. I've featured your entry on our Off the Rails Scrapbook fb page. You can copy the link to pop on over and check it out xx

    http://offtherailsscrapbooking.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/free-for-all.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative layout!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Inkido!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this page! So creative! Thanks for playing along with us at Inkido!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so beautiful!Thank you for joining INKIDO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page! Adore your title work!! Thanks for playing along at Inkido!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)