05 February 2014

Lightning Ridge vacation layouts

This month, Scrap the Boys is looking for layouts featuring boys and their "someone special".

I scrapped a family photo that was taken last September on our trip to Lightning Ridge.  My husband always looks relaxed and photogenic!



I had fun with this layout and my favourite part was heat embossing the flourishes and title:



Materials:
Basic Grey Sultry - Friar patterned ppaer
Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 - Bette patterned paper
Echo Park Victoria Gardens - Picket Fence patterned paper
Collage Press Scrooge & Marley - December 24th patterned paper
Tim Holtz Grungeboard Elements - Swirl Flourishes 
Dew Drops Brilliance - Pearlised Poppy pigment ink
Moon Glow King Midas Gold embossing powder
Lil Davis Journaling 2 stamp 
Buzz & Bloom Rustic Alphabet - Teensy chipboard alphabets
Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type alphabet stickers

~~ ## ~~ ## ~~ ## ~~ ## ~~ ## ~~

This month I'm joining a Dusty Attic sketch challenge for the first time.

I had a clean-out of my chipboard drawer last week and was shocked at the amount of stash in there.  But it was a pleasant surprise to uncover some Dusty Attic product that I had totally forgotten about!

I used a Dusty Attic Mini Lantern: 



This is the full layout - photograph taken in an underground opal mine:



How I used the sketch:  I really liked how this sketch placed the photograph off to one side, but I had to flip the sketch (mirror image) to make it fit my photograph.  This way, my subjects are facing towards the page instead of away from it. I also moved the title to the edge to give more 'black space' in the middle.

Other materials:
Coredinations Nightfall cardstock
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Golden Terracotta
Basic Grey Motifica patterned paper
Kaisercraft ink pads - black and brown
Celebrations Clear High Gloss embossing powder
Jillibean Soup Alphabeans - Black Text cardstock stickers

7 comments :

  1. Hi Karen.
    Great layouts!
    Love your embossing work..great texture!
    Thanks for playing along this month with STB's :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page looks fantastic, love the embossed embellishments. Thank you for sharing it with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages Karen. Thanks for joining in at STB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the Scrap the Boys Challenge, the gold flourishes are fabulous. Thanks for Playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour combo so rich and vibrant. Thanks for playing along with STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the embossed embellishments. Thanks for playing along with STB this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful details on your layout Karen and LOVE the colours Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)